How diverse is your workforce? Before you answer, we’re not just talking about creating the perfect male/female ratio. As you know, diversity is about a lot more than that. You want a workforce that is diverse in gender, age and race. And in religion, sexual orientation and other personal traits of candidates. You need a diversity recruitment strategy to achieve this.
With this strategy, you’ll plan how you’re going to build a truly diverse workforce. A hiring procedure that is free of any bias is an important part of this strategy. It ensures that you don’t ignore or discriminate against diverse candidates who are qualified to do the job.
5 reasons why diversity recruitment is important
Diversity recruitment is a must if you want to reach your diversity and inclusion goals. But it’s definitely not the only reason why diversity recruitment is important. Check out the five other reasons below:
- More talented employees – If your hiring process is free of bias, you’ll reach more candidates in your target group. You’ll receive more applications and there will be more talented employees to choose from.
- Happier employees – Employees feel more accepted and appreciated in a diverse and inclusive company. No matter what their background, age, or gender. Happy employees are more productive and will stay at your company longer.
- More innovation and creativity – Employees from different backgrounds bring different experiences, knowledge, and skills to the workforce. Together, these lead to new ideas, more innovation and increased creativity.
- A stronger employer brand – Companies with a diverse workforce often also have a strong employer brand. Customers, candidates, and potential business partners value companies that are known for their diversity and inclusion.
- Easier to understand customers’ needs – If you’re lucky enough, you’ll have customers of different backgrounds, ages, and genders. If your workforce is diverse, your employees will be able to cater to the individual needs of these customers.
Diversity recruitment with the help of technology
An important part of a diversity recruitment strategy is a hiring process that is free of any bias. For this, you’ll need job descriptions that are free of all biases. You can use the Textmetrics platform to write these job descriptions. The platform uses algorithms based on artificial intelligence to read and analyze your content. It will give you real-time suggestions for improvements. By implementing those, your job ads will appeal to everyone in your target group. And you’ll be ready to build a truly diverse workforce.
Want to know more about our Smart Writing Assistant? Click here.